Just in from Mike Wright/Director of Associate Offices
Since we’re getting reports of questionable uptimes in some offices:
The easiest way will be to compare the A.M. Verification Report (will contain the mail up times) vs the VAP Report. You can get these with a Request for Information if you’re a steward. If you’re not, the original step by step is how I found an abnormality in an office I was inspecting.
• Grab at least 2 parcels with tracking (preferably from two separate containers), write the numbers down
• Scan or have a clerk scan under the PASS arm
• Put parcels back in their respective containers (this also helps check in case management is trying to delay mail)
• Make sure clerks that are throwing parcels are under 079 code
• Make a note of when last parcel scanned day in question
• Check tracking numbers following day on USPS Intranet, time you will be looking for is Sorting/Processing Complete
• Compare that time vs actual uptime this can be verified by clock rings of clerks throwing parcels previous day on code 079
If you find falsified uptimes contact the office @ 856-228-8090 or email me here and it will be addressed.