APWU and Mail Handlers Union Send a United Message to PMG Brennan Denouncing “Wholesale and Massive Job Cuts”
This is the latest from the National Website. If this is your first time to the website or you haven’t noticed it, the National website’s RSS feed is on the sidebar of the website. Going directly to the new Facebook account is also in the sidebar. But below, we just HAD to post the letter sent to the PMG from both the National Presidents of APWU and the Mail Handlers Union.
Just in from Mike Wright/Director of Associate Offices
Since we’re getting reports of questionable uptimes in some offices:
The easiest way will be to compare the A.M. Verification Report (will contain the mail up times) vs the VAP Report. You can get these with a Request for Information if you’re a steward. If you’re not, the original step by step is how I found an abnormality in an office I was inspecting.
• Grab at least 2 parcels with tracking (preferably from two separate containers), write the numbers down
• Scan or have a clerk scan under the PASS arm
• Put parcels back in their respective containers (this also helps check in case management is trying to delay mail)
• Make sure clerks that are throwing parcels are under 079 code
• Make a note of when last parcel scanned day in question
• Check tracking numbers following day on USPS Intranet, time you will be looking for is Sorting/Processing Complete
• Compare that time vs actual uptime this can be verified by clock rings of clerks throwing parcels previous day on code 079
If you find falsified uptimes contact the office @ 856-228-8090 or email me here and it will be addressed.