(This article was first reported on the National Website on August 10, 2018)
In accordance with the 2015-2018 APWU/USPS Collective Bargaining Agreement (union contract), career employees represented by the APWU will receive a 31 cent per hour cost-of-living adjustment (COLA), effective September 1, 2018. It will appear in paychecks dated September 21, 2018 (Pay Period 19-2018), and will total $645.00 per year.
The COLAs are in addition to general wage increases.
This is the seventh and final cost-of-living adjustment under the 2015-2018 contract:
- $0.00 The first COLA would have been effective Sept. 5, 2015
- $0.00 The second COLA would have been effective March 5, 2016.
- $21.00 The third COLA was effective Sept. 3, 2016.
- $333.00 The fourth COLA was effective March 18, 2017.
- $270.00 The fifth COLA increase effective Sept. 2, 2017.
- $520.00 The sixth COLA effective March 3, 2018.
- $645.00 The seventh COLA effective Sept. 1, 2018.
The COLAs received during the 2015-2018 CBA will total $1,789 per year.
Postal Support Employees (PSEs) do not receive cost-of-living increases, but had five general wage increases under the 2015-2018 contract. PSEs received a pay increase of 21 cents on May 26, 2018.
Updated pay scales are available.