Contract language can be difficult to understand sometimes. Below you can READ AND/OR DOWNLOAD what this wage change really means. Check it out… TRUST – you will like this!
Seventh and Final COLA under the 2015 Contract Agreement Announced
(This article was first reported on the National Website on August 10, 2018)
In accordance with the 2015-2018 APWU/USPS Collective Bargaining Agreement (union contract), career employees represented by the APWU will receive a 31 cent per hour cost-of-living adjustment (COLA), effective September 1, 2018. It will appear in paychecks dated September 21, 2018 (Pay Period 19-2018), and will total $645.00 per year.
The COLAs are in addition to general wage increases.
This is the seventh and final cost-of-living adjustment under the 2015-2018 contract:
- $0.00 The first COLA would have been effective Sept. 5, 2015
- $0.00 The second COLA would have been effective March 5, 2016.
- $21.00 The third COLA was effective Sept. 3, 2016.
- $333.00 The fourth COLA was effective March 18, 2017.
- $270.00 The fifth COLA increase effective Sept. 2, 2017.
- $520.00 The sixth COLA effective March 3, 2018.
- $645.00 The seventh COLA effective Sept. 1, 2018.
The COLAs received during the 2015-2018 CBA will total $1,789 per year.
Postal Support Employees (PSEs) do not receive cost-of-living increases, but had five general wage increases under the 2015-2018 contract. PSEs received a pay increase of 21 cents on May 26, 2018.
Updated pay scales are available.